Thursday, July 23, 2020

Magic Play-Doh

One of my favorite back to school activities to do with my students is "Magic Play Doh."  It takes a bit of prep work, but it is so fun watching my new first graders see the surprise that is Magic Play Doh!  Here's how it works:

Make homemade Play-Doh two nights before you plan to give it to your students (I have a free Play-Doh recipe in the file at the bottom of this post).  The Doh has to sit overnight once made.  Next, roll the Doh into balls and place a dab of food coloring inside each ball.  Place the balls into individual snack sized baggies.  Attach a "Magic Play Doh" poem to the front of each baggie.  I like to introduce the poem to my kids whole group before giving them their Doh.  I do this by projecting the poem or writing it on on chart paper.  Finally, distribute the baggies and have the kids squeeze their Doh to see the surprise color that appears!  Click below for the free "Magic Play Doh" printables.





xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!