Monday, July 27, 2020

New Student Bags

It's absolutely 100% inevitable that we will get a new student at some point during the school year!  Mine always seem to come in mid-August, right after I have set up my ENTIRE ROOM.  Then, of course, we have the occasional mid-year additions!  Either way, I am prepared!  Many years ago, I began creating "NEW STUDENT BAGS" as I set up my classroom.  All you need for this are about 4 gallon sized Ziploc bags. 

We all know that as elementary teachers, we have TONS of things to prep at the start of the year...name tags, clothespins, back to school gifts, craft sticks, number grids, workbooks, folders, birthday gifts, cutouts on the door, etc...As you are labeling all the things, place one extra of each into a gallon size Ziploc bag.  In addition, place any handouts/forms that you give to families at Open House or the start of the year (think "About Me" letter, communication sign-up letter, "About Your Child" form, etc...)


I like to write "New Student Bag" on the label part of the Ziploc bag.  Keep the bags handy.  I place mine in a bucket near my desk.  Now when you get a new student, you have every single thing you will need to set up a desk for him/her, and it will save you tons of time!




Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!