Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday 6 February 23

Hi friends, and welcome back to another Sunday 6!  This is a weekly (or when I can find time) blog post about 6 random happenings from my week.  It includes both personal and professional happenings!  Enjoy!



My teammates rode with me twice at Cyclebar last week!  It was part of my birthday present.  We all had a blast and they did great!  Cyclebar is such a great place and an amazing workout.  I have been riding there for almost two years!  It's been so great to find a cardio workout that I can do.  I have had to quit other forms of cardio due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis. 

I'm so happy that my friends got to try something that's such a big part of my life!  Now they understand why I rush out of school to get to my class several days a week!  Hahaha!!!  Have you been to Cyclebar?  You should totally try it if not.  You will LOVE IT!



 In class, we learned about verb tenses.  I used my Verbs pack to help teach this concept and the kids did great.  We did the sort and the cut and paste.  I told them they could glue their cut and paste however they wanted to.  You could also have your kids keep the verbs together in a line and glue across so they can see the tenses (played, playing, will play).  Click the product cover below to snag this little pack.





Place value is such an important skill for first graders.  We have been working SO hard on it!  We are coming along, despite snow day, field trip, and holiday interruptions.  On Friday, we did this "Write the Room" AKA "Scoot" activity.  This is where you print/laminate the task cards and sprinkle them on the kids' desks in the classroom.  Kids take their recording sheet and walk around, at their leisure, and solve the cards. 

This is available in my TPT store. There is a recording sheet for 20 cards (which is the one I had them do) or one for 10 cards.  You can choose which amount you want your kids to solve.  I always print two versions and then assign kids a version based on their ability level.  I have a few kids who still rely on using concrete blocks and/or a model.  Those kids completed the yellow cards.  Everyone else worked on the orange cards.  They all did a fantastic job!  Click the product cover below to grab this little activity. 




On Saturday, I treated myself to a manicure.  I get these every few weeks.  I love the hand massage and freshly painted nails!  My favorite fall/winter color is OPI "Krona-logical Order."


Mr. Wheeler and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant (again) on Saturday.  It's called
Agave and Rye.  It is literally TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!  This time, I tried the Brussels Sprouts and they were unbelievable.  I also got my favorite taco, the "Swipe Right."  It's a honey-lime chicken taco with all kinds of other delicious things in it!!  Not pictured: a delicious skinny margarita!!!


In Phonics, we are working on blends.  We use the Wilson Fundations Phonics program.  I supplement the program with my "Level 1 Phonics Games and Activities" pack.  It's full of games, sentence scrambles, and activities that go with each chapter of the Fundations Phonics program for first grade.  You can click the product cover below to check it out.  Even if you don't use Fundations, you should still take a peek.  I bet it would supplement your program/system nicely, as well!!

**The stamping page is from my "Blends" pack, which you can check out by clicking HERE.




Have a great week!
xo
Mrs. Wheeler

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!