Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday 6 February 9

Hello, friends!  Welcome back to another Sunday 6.  This is a blog post series where I share 6 random happenings from my week, both professional and personal.  Enjoy!
Last Saturday a friend (and teammate) of mine went to an infrared sauna and then out for a smoothie bowl after.  The sauna was GLORIOUS!  If you have not tried one, you definitely should.  It really helped loosen up my joints and I noticed that my skin was glowing afterward.  You sweat while in there but don't realize the magnitude of it until you stand up!  The smoothie bowls that we had were acai bowls.  I got hemp hearts, chia seeds, almond butter, blueberries, strawberries, and of course the base was yogurt with the acai berry.  I added some honey on top because the bowls are not sweetened.  Such a yummy treat!




Mr. Wheeler and I have a low-key party for 2 SuperBowl party every year.  We order wings and corn dogs from BW3 and then I make some cheese dip and a few other things.  Here's a picture of our spread from last week.  Isn't the helmet chip/dip holder fun?  We found it on clearance last year at Target.  Very festive!  I usually pretend to "watch" the game and say a lot of "Uh, Huh's" or "Yep's."  I'm just in it for the food and commercials. This year, I even graded Math tests during the game...lol



My kids did a fun winter art project recently.  It's one I have been doing with my class for 3-4 years now, and it's always a huge hit!  This cardinal/aspen tree is from I Heart Crafty Things.  To begin, the kids traced their cardinals.  I labeled them bird #1 and bird #2 (the website I got this from has tons of tiny pieces for the bird, so I created my own bird based off of her pattern to make it easier for my kids).  Next, they added legs, eyes, and a beak.  Then, they glued their white tree strips down.  I pre-cut strips of white using the paper cutter and gave them each 3-4.  They added the "bark" on their trees, glued the birds down, and finally, used white paint to dot on "snow."  These will be hanging in the hallway all winter because they are just too cute to take down!








I received two subscriptions this month: Kindergarten Crate and Teacher Care Crate.  Both are subscription boxes but you can always purchase just one to try them.  

The KC box was all about Groundhog Day!  I love that the KC always comes with a picture book to tie into the activities they've included.  Also: can we have a moment of silence for the tiny groundhog erasers????


I loved the TCC this month!  My favorite item is the pencil pouch.  A teacher can never have too many of those, right?  The TCC is such a fun little way to treat yourself each month, and remind you to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!  




In an effort to get my kids to return their library books on time, I created a "Library Book Return System."  It's super simple: use the provided number cards if your kids use a number system OR use the editable name cards if you prefer names.  Print and laminate the cards and sign.  Place the cards into a small pocket chart, facing forward, somewhere in the room that is visible to kids on a daily basis.  As kids bring their books back, they flip their library picture card backwards.  A quick glance at this chart will remind you and kids who still needs to bring their books back!  I've used this for two weeks and have had all of my students bring their books back ON TIME!!!  Click the cover to snag this gem and try it out for yourself!

If you have followed for for any length of time now, whether it's been on here or Instagram (@mrswheeler44), you probably know that fitness is a big part of my life.  I have been working out since I was 12.  I began by going to Body Genics (lol to the early 90's throwback) with my then 80-year-old grandma, who also valued exercise.  I also spend a lot of time in the sun during the summer.  Because I workout almost daily and spend so much time outside (sweating a TON), skincare is an important part of my routine.  Keeping my face breakout free can be hard due to all the exercise.  In January, I set out on a mission to find something that works for those who exercise a ton.  Low and behold, I found FRE, a fantastic skincare company that gives back.  FRE is made specifically for girls that SWEAT!  Here's an added bonus: for every skincare set you buy, FRE plants an Argan treeto help replenish the endangered forest in Morocco.  They also help support the women who harvest the oil.  I started with the 123 Skincare set and I also bought the "I am Love" oil.  Since I began using this skincare in January, I have had zero breakouts.  It is truly amazing and I am hooked!!!!  A little bit goes a long way.  I'd love for you to try it as well.  I have a code to offer you, which will get you 25% off your order.  Such a great deal!  Use code: MEGANWHEELER44741 at checkout for your discount.  I'd love to hear what you think if/when you try it!


Have a great week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!