Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Classroom Rug!!

Hi, friends!  The end of the year is approaching and I know many of us have money available to spend for the upcoming school year...PTO funds, principal funds, or cooperating teacher funds.  If you are anything like me, you have a growing "wish list" of items for your classroom!  I had been in dire need of a new rug for my classroom.  I just got a new one and I can't wait to share it with you!

If you saw my recent "Sunday 6" blog post, I mentioned that I had received my rug and would be revealing it soon!  Today's the day!  Before the big reveal, here is a little backstory:  I used to have a very large rug in my classroom...I had it for many years.  However, I changed up my classroom colors two years ago and my rug didn't match.  So I gave it away.  Gulp.  We all know that classroom rugs are very expensive.  My *replacement* rug was a tiny 5x7 from a big box store.  It was cheap.  It was black and white and while it matched my room, several things drove me nuts about it.  Number one:  The white on the rug got dirty super fast.  Number two:  The rug slid around on my floor because it was poor quality and had no backing.  Number three:  Only about 2/3 of my kids could fit on the rug.  This year, some of the rug came unraveled and it got completely ruined.

I decided to reach out to Jim, the owner of  KidCarpet.com to see about ordering a new classroom rug.  I chose this company because their classroom rugs are commercial grade and class 1 fire rated for schools.  In addition, there were several size options to choose from.  The prices are very reasonable compared to other websites out there due to the fact that there is no "middle man."  Every order comes directly from the factory.  I also loved the fact that there was such a large selection of rugs to choose from!  It was so hard to pick just one rug.  KidCarpet.com gives a portion of every sale to children's well-being an education in Guatemala, Cambodia, and Peru.  Love that!

I ended up going with a 6x9 rectangle classroom rug in the most adorable print ever!!!  I chose the "Arts and Crafts" print, which happens to be an exclusive design!  This means that my rug was made to order!

My classroom rug arrived last Friday; just 7 days after I ordered it.  Shipping was FREE!  Note:  All rugs ship free to the contiguous USA.  It arrived neatly wrapped in plastic and in excellent condition.  It laid almost completely flat right away.  I did place some book bins on the corners overnight and when I came into school the next day, the rug was 100% flat.  The design on this rug is so crisp and bright!  It really goes well and adds a lot to my classroom decor.



My students were THRILLED to see their new rug on Monday morning!  They were hooting and hollering, laying on the rug, rubbing it, and dancing on it!  They were SO excited for Morning Meeting and the fact that they could ALL fit on the rug together.  It was so sweet.



I hope you will take a minute to check out KidCarpet.com if you are in need of or would like a new classroom rug.  They are a fantastic company.  Spread the word to your principal that if 6 or more people at your building are interested in ordering rugs together, KidCarpet.com does offer a group discount. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to KidCarpet. com directly.  Jim is very quick to respond to emails.  Happy shopping!

xo
Megan

*Disclaimer: I was given this rug in exchange for a review on my blog and social media.  All thoughts and opinions in this post and other social media posts are my own and they are honest.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!