Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday 6 January 6

 Hi, friends!  Today marks the last day of winter break!  Boo Hoo!  It was a great break for sure.  It's crazy how much teachers really need this break, isn't it!?  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are rejuvenated and ready to conquer the second semester!
I spent the first week of break down in Florida celebrating Christmas with family.  We had beautiful weather, good food, and great company!  Below are a few pictures from our trip!





Speaking of Christmas, yes, our tree is still up and our house is still fully decorated.  In fact, I added a few decorations the other day!  Hahaha!  I love Christmas so much and usually keep my decor up until February, when I decorate for Valentine's Day!  The decorations make the house feel so cozy during the cold, winter months in Ohio.

While in Florida, we celebrated my birthday (early) because my parents are snow birds and are usually down in Florida during my birthday.  My brother and sister in law gave me this reusable Starbucks cup.  Each day in January, I can take it to Sbux and get it filled with coffee for FREE!  Isn't that a great gift!?  Starbucks releases one of these cups every January.  I had no idea!  I've been getting my free coffee every day this month!





The day before winter break was the last day of the second quarter.  I printed off certificates for those who managed to stay in the homework club all quarter (just 3 students this time!  yikes!).  Those students will get to eat lunch with my in the classroom this next week.  Read all about the homework club HERE.  You can grab the *free* certificates by clicking HERE.  Color and b/w included.


I've been back on my smoothie kick lately!  I usually eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch for months until I get completely burned out on it and then I'll switch to something different.  I've cycled back to a version of my favorite breakfast smoothie (Thanks, Chelsey)!  It's delicious.  Trust me, you don't even taste the spinach.  Here's the recipe:
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • a handful of frozen berries
  • 2 ice cubes



We celebrated my birthday (Mr. Wheeler and I) last night.  We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then went to see Mary Poppins Returns!  MP was my favorite movie as a child.  In fact, it was one of two VHS movies that we had.  I had MP and my brother had Pinocchio.  While the second MP movie wasn't as good as the first (nothing can top that!), it was still enjoyable.  A few OG's from the original MP movie were in it, and it was a lot of fun to see them!!!


Have a great week!  I've got a BIG classroom management refresher blog post coming at you Tuesday!

xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!