Thursday, January 3, 2019

Math Exit Slips

In my district, we use a Math program called "Go Math."  Have you heard of it?  It's not my favorite, but I make it work.  I have found that the program is lacking assessments.  Each chapter has a mid-chapter check assessment as well as an end-of-chapter test.  Those are great, but I like to check how kids are doing in between.  I will often walk around with my clipboard and checklists, however, that information isn't always communicated to parents.  I like to have some sort of pencil/paper assessment each week to send home to let parents know how their kids are doing.  I created Math exit slips for first grade.  It's a pack of  1/2 sheet assessments (2 to a page) that you can give to your kids as an exit slip after a lesson or particular skill has been taught.  The pack covers a myriad of skills (126 pages worth) and can be used with ANY Math curriculum.  I included four exit slips for each skill along with an editable checklist.  This will allow you to do periodic checks on how your kids are doing with a specific skill.  You can check my exit slips out below.  You are going to be so happy you did.  Assessment has never been so easy and QUICK!







xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!