Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Years Activities

Happy New Year!  I hope the new year brings you health and happiness!  Today's blog post is a quick one to show you some of my favorite activities to do for New Years.  I typically do these activities the first week back to school.  It's always difficult to jump right back into our MANY box curriculum programs after a break.  These fun activities ease the kids back in.  I've included links for the products I mention within the post in case you want to add some holiday fun to your first week back, as well!

First up are my two favorite books for read-aloud.  I've linked them both for you below!  Both are super cute, but Squirrel's New Years Resolution is my favorite!

     

When the kids come in the first day back after break, I typically have a New Years coloring page on their desk as morning work.  I love using Teacher Idea Factory's morning work as a spiral review the rest of the year, but that first day back after break, we color!  



During Morning Meeting, we will play "I Have Who Has: New Years" edition.  These games are fast-paced and lots of fun!  They are great for developing vocabulary.  I find that many of the students I teach are unfamiliar with a lot of seasonal vocabulary and I love practicing it with these games!!!




During Literacy Centers the first week back, we will work on some fun, New Years themed activities!  My favorites are the common/proper noun sort and the sight word confetti explosion game!!









xo
Megan 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!