Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blends

Ahhh, the time of year when the kids really start to TAKE OFF with their reading!  I love seeing the great progress they make.  They get so excited, themselves, too!  It's a teacher's dream!  In addition to guided reading groups, I also do whole-group Phonics instruction.  I just can't give it up.  I spend about 20 minutes a day on it.  I feel like there is value to introducing a concept whole-group and then giving the kids time to practice it through games.  Recently, we learned about blends.  I direct taught about s-blends, l-blends, and r-blends.  We watched Jack Hartman's Blend Song daily {twice a day because they begged...}, read our poem of the week {which was blends} daily, and played games. Below are some pictures from the week!


These spin and cover games come from my Level D guided reading pack.
 These blends sentence strips come from my Level D guided reading pack.

These blends sentence strips come from my Level D guided reading pack.

Board game from my "Reading Foundational Skills" pack

Scoot game from my "Skatin' Through Beginning Blends" pack.
Poem of the week
This blends stamping comes from my "Skatin' Through Beginning Blends" pack.

To see all of my blends resources, click the covers below!

This little blends pack has posters, games, and printables that can be used for whole-group instruction, centers, guided reading, or RTI.


These flash cards are great for early finishers to use with sand timers.  I also use them for "Around the World" and during Guided Reading time as a warm up.




S-Blends Jeopardy is a super fun review!  To see more Jeopardy products, click HERE.  


My Reading Foundational Skills pack is full of pages to support the CCSS: RFS Standards!  There is a blends board game included.

xo
Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!