Saturday, September 12, 2015

Token System

This past summer, I came across a great classroom management system from The Cornerstone blog. Angela is a former teacher and now works as an educational consultant and coach.  She is also an author.  When I found her token system, I knew I wanted to try it.  I purchased some 2-sided tokens and a craft/bead box.  I labeled 10 tokens per numbers 1-20, because I have 20 students.  *I labeled both sides of the tokens.  Each student is assigned a number.  These numbers are also their cubbie and mailbox numbers.  I attached a small copy of my class list to the front of the box for quick reference.


Once school began, I introduced the tokens to my kids.  I told them about the ways they could earn them.  Here are some suggestions:


  • Returning homework
  • Following directions
  • Hallway behavior
  • Superstar of the day/week




Once a week, I pull a few tokens and those students visit the treasure chest, earn behavior tickets, or get a piece of candy or an animal cracker.  To see more posts on classroom management, click HERE.  Have a great day!

xo
Megan 

1 comments:

*rtwaite* said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm wondering if you think this would work in kindergarten? I am really struggling with chatty kiddos...I need something FAST before it's out of control! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!