Friday, September 18, 2015

5 for Friday 9.18.15

Thanks, Doodlebugs Teaching, for hosting another 5 for Friday!



It's football season!  I actually could care less.  I just like the shirts that I have.  And maybe the food involved while the games are on.  My husband is a DIE HARD Michigan and Detroit fan.  He never misses a game.  I had to bust out the clothes last Friday for dress down day!




We learned about 9.11 and made some pom-pom flags.  We also made cards for the firefighters and did a 9.11 coloring page from Seusstastic.





I've been sick for a week now...I just finally went to the dr. today and got on an antibiotic.  This past weekend, my MIL was in town from California and I was miserable the whole time.  We managed to take one good picture before I really felt and looked horrible.




We've been working on short a and have had some fun with centers this past week!  We also played Jeopardy!  If you have my growing Jeopardy bundle, be sure to snag the update!  If not, you can check out all of my Jeopardy games by clicking HERE.





We've been hitting the Fry's First 25 sight words hard!  These are from our list of 100 that the kids need to know by the end of the year.  We've been playing games from the word wall, incorporating them into writing workshop lessons, and having sight word activities in our literacy centers.


This is my "Sight Word Stampede," which focuses on the Fry's First 100 sight words, as do all of my sight word activities.

Have a nice weekend!
xo
Megan 

2 comments:

MyDayinK said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Megan, it is definitely no fun to be sick especially during this time of the year. I hope you feel better! I love your idea of using clothespins and a cotton ball to paint with. I am going to have to remember that. Thanks for sharing have a great weekend.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Megan - Hope you feel better soon! I absolutely adore your flag craft! It's so cute and perfect for the little guys.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!