Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Guided Reading 101: Those Precious 25 Minutes

I have been running guided reading groups for my whole teaching career.  Over the years, it's evolved, as with everything else.  Back in the day, I would meet with every child, every day, for 30 minutes.  Now, that's just not feasible for me due to staff cuts and time restraints.  I've managed to set up a plan that works well for both me and my students.  I've had several requests to post about how I use those 20-25 minutes for guided reading time each day, so that's what this post is about.  I do have a post that I did a few months ago.  It explains things in detail and you can read about it by clicking HERE.


Below is a description of how I currently use my time to run my groups effectively.  Click the cover page to download this document.  Rather than me typing it out on my blog, I figured you could download the printable.









Questions?  Email me at meganwheeler44@yahoo.com


xo
Megan

5 comments:

Janette Rose said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Help! I am unable to download your free Guided Reading Guide from the TPT site. I've never experienced a problem downloading free or paid items in the past. I'm very interested in what you have to share! Suggestions? Thanks!

Janette Rose said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Perhaps it was the storms passing through last night! I am working in my classroom today and it downloaded fine. Thanks!

Bridget S said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for sharing!! I love your guided reading times. I also do 2 books a week :)

Sherry Moore said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Think this would work well with 3rd/4th as well?

Adrian Dhalquist said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!