Monday, May 11, 2015

Easy Mother's Day Craft

Hi!  I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!  I really respect all of you moms out there!  It's a big job!

Just popping in to show you what we did for our moms/grandmas at school on Friday!  We had originally planned to do this craft:


But then I realized it would be crazy time-consuming and I'd need more helpers than just myself to complete it.

Luckily, my teammate found this craft from "Crafty Morning" and saved the day:


Isn't it so cute!?!?!  For prep, we got blue card stock, yellow paint, yellow ribbon, black Sharpies, and a pattern of a mason jar.  Michelle offers a link to free jars on her blog, but I couldn't get them to print correctly at school, so I found some other free jars at MelonHeadz blog.




I inserted the jar clip art into WORD and printed it off onto blue card stock.  I also added a little rounded rectangle shape on the jar so we would have a place to write the saying, "Mom, You light up my life!"  The kids used yellow paint to make their "fireflies," aka fingerprints. We let them dry overnight Thursday.  On Friday, we used black Sharpie to make our fireflies.  Then they cut out their jars.  I cut yellow ribbon strips and hot glued a dot on the corner of the jar for the ribbon strip.  The kids had to tie their own ribbons {this made it extra cute!}.  I slapped a name and year label to the back of the jars.  Easy-peasy!  Def. doing this again next year!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
xo
Megan :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!