Monday, October 6, 2014

Memories...

Each year, my students create a memory book to take home in May.  It's so much fun creating it throughout the year.  We begin this process in August, on the first day of school.  I take everyone's photo and I glue it into their "August" memory book page.  The months following, we complete a page in our books.  The pages are simple craft projects that require little prep {love that!} and typically involve construction paper/scrapbook paper and the occasional photo.  I store the pages in hanging file folders in my desk.  I assemble the books at the end of the year.  I bind them together using our book binding machine.  It seriously takes about 20 minutes {if that}.  I distribute the books at our annual Poetry Cafe and the parents and kids alike LOVE the books!   I love that at the end of the year, I don't have to rush around to make anything huge for my kids.  The project is basically complete!  I give them the memory books and a summer practice packet.

Last week, we completed our "September" page, where we made scrapbook apples!  It's hard to believe I'll be getting the October page out soon!

My memory book pack includes holiday/themed pages as well as non-holiday pages {for students not celebrating holidays} for every month.  There are also boy/girl covers.  The covers are updated each year, so you will need to re-download every Fall.  Take a peek below!  It's a BIG HIT!







xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!