Sunday, February 9, 2014

President's Day Festivities!

President's Day is almost here!  I just love teaching about Lincoln and Washington!  The kids get so into it! We'll be doing lots of activities from my Hooray for President's Day pack.  We will also be having President's Day themed-centers.  I wanted to show you my pack in case you need something for next week or the week after!

We'll begin our unit of study on Washington with a graphic organizer much like the one shown here.  The kids will follow along and complete their own papers {a shortened version, of course}.  We will also be reading some good nonfiction books about Washington.

We'll eventually move onto Lincoln and then finally, we'll compare them both.  I have a great Venn Diagram pocket chart from Amazon {Carson Dellosa} that we'll be using!


 
Once we learn about both presidents, we'll do some expository writing about each.  My pack includes tiered writing paper for simple differentiation.


 As always, we'll make a mini-book and our centers the week of President's Day will be all George and Abe!

For Math, we have our number patterns but this time, they are all "Magic 10 Hops" aka adding 10's.



We'll also be doing an adding 10 fact sort.


In our literacy centers, we'll be reviewing "Magic e" with this fun spin game.


We'll also work on a sentence scramble, sentence types sort, and ABC order.






These activities plus more are included!  I hope you'll check out this pack!  It's on sale through Sunday evening only!  Happy Sunday!




xo
Megan 

3 comments:

Literacy Teacher said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These activities look so much fun!

Miss DeCarbo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks great!! :) Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great packet... I love your graphic organizer pocket chart. I've seen you feature it a few times and I remember each time that I want to make one. I better get with it!

Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!