Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Mitten

I love using the book, The Mitten, in the winter!  It lends itself to so many activities!  I made this little mini-pack to use in class and thought I'd share it on here!  Below are some of the activities we've done so far!

This pack contains activities for two versions of The Mitten.  We started by reading the Jan Brett version wrote about our favorite parts.   We re-read it the next day and sequenced the order the characters stumbled upon the mitten.  We also completed a story map to go with it.




We read the Alvin Tresselt version and did a few activities with it, as well.  The kids really loved making their re-telling ropes!  I have included a little video below of a student re-telling the story to her partner!  So cute!









Keep warm!
xo
Megan





2 comments:

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the video... thanks so much for sharing! What a fun addition to a blog post.
Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great post! I posted cute mitten ideas on my blog too. I'd love you to check it out- you may be able to use it with your class!!
Melissa
Keep Calm and Love First Grade

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!