Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A look back at last week...

Tonight's post is just a quick peek at what we did last "week."  I put week in quotes because we were only at school for two days...we've now maxed out all of our snow days in Ohio and I'm sure that we will have more snow.  Boo!  I was ready to go back to work.  I am a creature of habit and love my daily routines!  I may or may not switch back and forth between the same two lunches every day.  Of my life.



I decided I was going to cut back on the amount of stuff I bring home, so the tiny $1 SPOT Target tote was in order.  Notice stuff is bulging out of it...'nuff said.


We began our January Sentence Edits.  The kids are getting so good at these!  It's always fun having themed edits each month!  


I updated my Writing Workshop board...it was time to expand!  I have more anchor charts to put up to coincide with my opinion writing unit and didn't have enough room!  The posters you see are part of my Writing Resources Kit.  We set our quarterly goals for writing.  To read more about this goal poster and snag the pieces for free, click here!



We started a new round of literacy centers and used activities from my Winter Centers Pack.  They were a hit for sure!




This weekend, I am going out of town.  I'll fill you in more on that later!!  Have a great week! 

xo
Megan 

3 comments:

Literacy Without Worksheets said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the writing goals...what a great visual :)

Bridget
Literacy Without Worksheets

Miss DeCarbo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your lunch looks so yummy and healthy! Looks like you all had a busy couple days last week! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice

Deanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Megan,
I'm new to your blog. How do you store all of your writing "centers"? Also does your school have a specific writing curriculum that you follow for first grade? Thanks for your input. Your materials look wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!