Monday, April 18, 2011

"Egg-cellent Behavior!"

My kids are at the point in the year where they are a little crazy! The weather has gotten warmer, and they are starting to get on one another's nerves to say the least...

This egg idea will help reinforce our routines in class.  I got it from Rachelle.  To make, prepare your students' names on small slips of paper.  Decide on a few rewards and prepare them on slips of paper, as well.  Here are some ideas that I used (toy, chocolate, pencil, green tickets, sit in the teacher's chair).  Put all student name eggs in one basket or bag.  Put all prize eggs in a seperate basket or bag. 

Each time the class as a whole is doing something well (transitioning, etc...), I select someone to choose one egg from the basket.  They open the egg and call the person's name.  That person comes up and chooses an egg from the "prizes" bag.  They get to have whatever the slip inside says.  Fun and simple! My favorite kind of thing!


2 comments:

Mrs. D said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I started this today, too! My kiddos are loving it (and so am I)! :)

http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Scoma said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You WON!! Check it out :)

http://firstgradefundamentals.blogspot.com/2011/04/winner-winner.html

~Laura

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!