Sunday, July 17, 2022

Student Birthdays

Prepping something for student birthdays is one of my top summer tasks.  There's nothing worse than having to prepare student gifts constantly throughout the year.  When I first started teaching, that's exactly what I did...I would scramble the day of the student's birthday to get their goodies together.  I've since learned that prepping a little something in the summer will set me up for a smooth birthday routine.  Over the years what I've given kids has changed.  I did goodie bags (trinkets purchased from Oriental Trading) for many years, but as time went on, they were getting to be very expensive.  In recent years, and currently, I give my students a fun straw with a birthday tag on it.  I also give them a lollipop.  I keep my stash near my calendar area and birthday board, so I can see when a birthday is approaching.




Below is a photo of my birthday board, which I created years ago by purchasing an old picture at Goodwill, painting the frame black, and adding the details.  The idea was originally from Kinder and First Grade Blue Skies.  She also sells the month cards HERE.









Click the cover below to grab the straw tags!  Easy and creative!




What do you do for student birthdays?
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!