Monday, August 24, 2020

Pencil Spacer Sticks

Hi, friends!  I wanted to share a quick tutorial on how I made some adorable pencil-themed spacer sticks for my incoming first graders.  In the past, I used plain craft sticks and wrote "spacer stick" on them.  I've also been known to glue a googly eye on them!  Both worked just fine, but I was feeling crafty this year and decided to make some cute ones!

You will need:  

  • tin foil, wax paper, newspaper
  • large craft sticks
  • several small paintbrushes
  • yellow paint
  • pink paint
  • silver/gray paint
  • peach paint
  • black paint




Lay out some paper or foil.  Line up your unpainted craft sticks.  Begin by painting one tip of the sticks with pink paint.  I painted about 3/4 an inch pink.  I did two coats and waited on the pink to dry before repeating the same thing with gray.  Next was yellow.  I did some peach down at the other tip of the stick (also about 3/4 an inch).  Finish off by rounding the tip with a bit of black.  Easy Peasy!

old spacer sticks:



new spacer sticks:


Too cute, right?!?!?
xo
Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!