Monday, April 6, 2020

Sunday 6 April 5

Hello, everyone.  I hope you are all doing well and staying safe and healthy within your homes.  I know we are missing our students tremendously.  Just know you are doing a fantastic job and you are appreciated.  Today's post is 6 random things from my week.  Enjoy!

Many of you know that I depend on exercise as part of a holistic approach to treating my Rheumatoid Arthritis (to read my story click HERE and HERE).  When I heard my gym and cycling studio was closing down, I literally sobbed.  We didn't have workout equipment at our home; just our road bikes (which are awesome, but not enough for me) that we ride outside.  As soon as Mr. Wheeler heard the news and saw how upset I was, he went on a mission to find me some equipment for our house.  He went to several stores (who were all sold out) and finally found a weight set and rack at two different places.  Now, I am able to lift in our basement and keep my joints lubricated.  He is the best!  

In addition, I found out that the cycling studio I go to was renting their stationary bikes on a month by month basis.  I was thrilled to say the least to find out that I could continue to ride indoors at home!  So far, I've done 3 rides inside.  While it's not nearly the same as riding in studio, it works and I am grateful for it.



I received my March Kindergarten Crate two weeks ago.  The theme was Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.  Although I didn't get to use the activities with my kids, I will keep them for future use.  I did, however, get to read the book, King Leonard's Teddy to my kids on Zoom last week.  If you aren't familiar with KC, it's a monthly subscription box that includes a picture book, activity ideas and supplies, and a teacher gift.  You can use code "WHEELER" at checkout for a discount!






I created this new project last week.  All you need is a printer and some plastic eggs.  You can use the provided Easter/Spring words, or use the editable page to type up your own words.  To use, print the words and place one word in each egg.  Hide the eggs around your house and have your kids walk around with the recording sheet.  They find an egg, open it, read and write the word.  Super easy and super engaging/fun!  Click the cover below to snag this ON SALE! 




I baked my famous chocolate chip banana bread last week!  It's seriously so good.  Click HERE to grab the recipe.  



I had a cute bucket made and picked out lots of fun goodies for my niece for Easter, but since we aren't able to get together, I mailed her the goodies instead and will keep the bucket for her upcoming birthday.  Hoping we can get together by then!!


With my spare time, I have been reading a bit.  I am currently reading Jessica Simpson's book and so far it's really good.  I'm linking it below in case you want to check it out, too! *affiliate*



Have a good week and remember we are one step closer to this all being over.  Stay healthy.

xo,
Megan

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!