Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday 6 March 1

Hello and happy March!  We are in the home stretch now!  How exciting!  I am, however getting sad that the year is getting close to the end.  I love my class so much this year.  They are the kindest, sweetest, and most empathetic kids I have ever had.  Nonetheless, all good things must come to an end.  I am going to cherish the last few months we have together.

Welcome back to another edition of "Sunday 6."  This is a series where I post 6 random happenings about my week, both personal and professional.  Enjoy!!


Last week, I posted a new place value game to my TPT shop.  It's the "Base 10 Trading Game."  Students play with partners and work on getting 10 one blocks to trade for 1 ten block.  First player to 120 wins!  It's a lot of fun and really gives kids the concrete experience of seeing how tens and ones are related.  Click the cover below to snag this game.


I got my March Kindergarten Crate box last weekend!  It's a rainbow theme, which is perfection for March!  I love the teacher gift (t-shirt and Skittles) that came in it.  I also love the picture book and fun rainbow activities.  

If you aren't familiar, the Kindergarten Crate is a monthly subscription box available for grades pre-k, kindergarten, and first.  Each box features a picture book with corresponding activities and supplies and a couple teacher gifts.  You can get one box or you can subscribe monthly/yearly.  The KC makes a great gift for a student teacher or teacher friend!  Click HERE to check it out.  Use code "WHEELER" for 10% off your crate order!!  



Here's a sneak-peak of the upcoming box!  Looks amazing!

Kindergarten Crate's newest box is all about Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!  The theme really shines through with an electronic center (reduce paper), game board with reusable pieces, and classroom supplies made from recycled material! As always your crate comes with a book, teacher gift, classroom supplies and ready to use activities for your students!  Don't forget to use code WHEELER to get 10% off your order.




I went to Columbus yesterday to see my best friend.  We were roommates for 4 years and actually from the same hometown, but didn't know one another growing up!  We went to The Candle Lab and made candles and room mist.  We began by smelling lots of pre-made candles on the wall and jotting down scents that we liked.  Then we chose containers and added our fragrance oils to the hot wax.  We went to lunch and did some shopping and returned an hour or so later to pick up our goodies!  It was a fun day! 







I recently discovered these "Smart Sweets" candies.  They are naturally sweetened with Stevia and have just 3g of sugar.  They are just right for when you need something sweet but don't want to go crazy with sugar.  My favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids, so these are a great substitute.  



Last week, my kids made these "Lucky Dogs" and wrote about why they are lucky.  You can grab the craft patterns and writing papers by clicking the cover below.  The craft is quick and easy and makes a cute display for March!



Now that my kids are accurate with their addition and subtraction facts, we are working on fluency. We practice several times a week in class with a game of some kind.  This "Race to the Farm" game is perfect practice for addition within 20 and the kids really love playing!  Check it out by clicking the cover below.  Looking for a subtraction game?  Click HERE for "Race to the Snacks."



Have a great week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!