Monday, February 18, 2019

Sunday 6 February 17



Hi!  I'm late once again, but at least my post for "Sunday 6" made it this week!  We had the day off for President's Day today and I was having fun this weekend!  I didn't even think about Sunday 6 until about an hour ago tonight!  Enjoy!

I started a new eating regime...counting macros!  I have been hearing about macros but have always been too scared to try it.  *For those unfamiliar, macronutrients are molecules that our bodies use to create energy for themselves...They are primarily carbs, fat, and protein.  I would say I am a pretty fit person who works out a lot and eats healthy.  However, the scale has not been budging for me for about a year now.  Honestly, I had no idea where to start with all this macro stuff...However, I came across "teachersgonestrong" on Instagram and noticed that Brooklyn sells customized macro plans on her website!!!  Praise the Lord!  I got in touch with her and we chatted via email for a few days.  When I was ready to commit, she sent me a questionnaire and within a day or so, she had my customized plan ready!  I began on Friday (3 days ago) and day 1 was rough, trying to get my macros to align.  However, each day since has been a little easier!  Brooklyn is always available to answer any questions that I have!  One of my first questions was "What the heck can I get from Starbucks!?"  She was quick to respond with several suggestions.  I tried the iced coffee shown below and it was AMAZING!!!  Brooklyn is so kind, and very knowledgeable.  She offers various types of health and fitness services on her website.  I highly recommend her!

 On Valentine's Day, we woke up to a water crisis!  We had a pipe burst in our water system in the city I live in.  Basically all the good water got mixed in with the river water (yuck!!!).  We had school despite the crisis (many other districts closed).  All of our water fountains were covered.  Our principal bought us some bottled water.

I picked up some water at Starbucks (but no coffee bc NO WATER!) before school and then I sent Mr. Wheeler to Costco later in the day.  I had tried to get some water before school but they were sold out!  It was like the world was ending!!!!



Despite the water fiasco, we still had our Valentine's Day party!  We did this fun "Broken Heart Box Game!"  This game is part of my Valentine's Day Party Pack.  Each box has a number on the outside.  Each box also has a numbered card with a seasonal picture and word inside.  The cards are numbered.  The kids walked around with their papers and opened the boxes and wrote the corresponding seasonal words.  It was a lot of fun!!



We also played "Valentine BINGO,"  which is also party of my "Valentine's Day Party Pack."  We made it festive with Valentine M & M's!


During Morning Meeting, we played "Valentine I Have, Who Has."  My kids love playing the "I Have, Who Has" games!  They are so great for vocabulary development!  I have so many of these games and my kids get super excited when I pull a new one out!!!


I gave my kids a little Valentine treat Thursday morning...treat bags with trinkets, a pencil, and of course, a JUNIE B. JONES VALENTINE CARD!!!!!!  They were dying over the cards!  You can snag some for your kids for next year by clicking below!




I've shared these cvc blending cards before, but I am sharing them again because I have 3 students who are still working on this skill of tapping out cvc words.  I love having these cards handy!  They can be used when you have a few extra minutes to practice with a child.  They can be incorporated into your Guided Reading routine.  I've sent them home with kids to have them practice with family members.  They are just HANDY!!!  I also have a silent e version!



Saturday night we went to dinner and a brewery with some of our friends from college!  It was a lot of fun!  I am still on medication for being sick, so I had a coffee instead of a beer.  Boo!



I woke up to MORE SNOW this morning!  WTH!  Then 3-5 more inches of snow and ice coming tomorrow night!  I'm not opposed to having a snow day Wednesday though...Just saying.  Despite the snow, my brother, sister-in-law, and niece came for a visit today!  We went to lunch and then did some thrifting.  They are super into thrifting and I enjoy going along with them to see what they will find!!!



Have a great week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!