Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday 6 February 10

Hi!  Welcome back to another Sunday 6!  Well that was a quick week, wasn't it?  I'm a little late to my Sunday 6 party tonight because I have been running around cleaning and doing errands all day today.   I am still sick.  Can you believe it?  It's been going on for about 4 weeks.  Ridic. 


 I added a "Marking Words" poster into my Fundations Level 1 Phonics Posters set.  This set is a freebie in my store.  It's not completely finished yet, as the posters go with my Fundations games and I still have a few packs of those to complete in my bundle.  The two posters shown below are mini...I just printed them two to a page.  These will be great for my guided reading table and/or for student desks as reminders.  Click the cover below to grab the posters for FREE! 


Here are some of the full page posters that I have up in my room.  Each time I introduce a new chapter, I put up a poster that reminds students of the Phonics rules we are learning. 


We introduced - and + 10 last week and this Scoot activity was a great little review!  Click the cover below to check it out.



Apparently pens are allowed to be used in Mrs. Wheeler's room...


Mr. Wheeler and I spent the day in Cincinnati on Saturday and ate at Montgomery Inn.  It's so yummy!  I had ribs.  I don't usually eat red meat, but I hadn't had any of it in months and was craving it! 


We have the Valentine's Day books ready for read-aloud this week!  Each morning after Morning Meeting, I read the students a story.  There are no comprehension questions....it's purely for enjoyment and for them to hear a fluent reader.  To check out some of my favorite picture books, click HERE!! 



Speaking of Morning Meeting, I made a new "greetings" poster.  This can be used outside of your door as a tool to great students as they come in or it can be used during Morning Meeting when your kids greet one another.  I simply added Velcro to my poster and the greeting cards.  That way I can quickly change the greeting card each day.  Click the cover below to check this out!! 





Today I had to re-stock my vitamin pill holders...I take so many vitamins to help alleviate the pain I have with my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I do two pill holders so I don't have to refill them as often.  *Many of you may have seen my post about living with RA.  If you haven't, please take a moment to check it out.  You can read about it HERE.  


Have a wonderful week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!