Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday 6 January 20

Hello and welcome back to another Sunday 6!!!  What a crazy week we had here...2 hour delays Monday and Wednesday and an early release Friday.  The kids were OFF THE CHAIN to say the least!!!!!!!!  
I didn't manage to do much of anything this week with the insane schedule!  However, we did have time for some sentence writing!  In Fundations, we are working on glued sounds -ng and -nk.  I have a sentence writing pack that covers those and I printed them along with my sentence rubric.  We did these as a Fundations review this week prior to our unit test.  You can check out my sentence writing bundle below.  All items in bundle are available for individual purchase.  *The rubric is included in the bundle, however, many people asked for only the rubric so I made a separate listing for it awhile back.  I've linked it below, as well.  






I signed up for Door Dash last week!  I am seriously obsessed!  I was sent a $7 coupon by my friend and with my first order, I received discounted shipping.  For $5.44, I got a Chipotle burrito bowl, chips, and guac.  I did add a tip, so my total came to around $8.00.  I was shocked at how many places are available on the Door Dash app!  I also treated my team to Starbucks one day last week because I have $1.00 delivery for my first 30 days for being a new customer.  I want to share this awesomeness with you!  Click HERE to sign up for Door Dash and get $7.00 off your first order plus discounted shipping AND $1.00 delivery for the next 30 days!  It's seriously amazing to have basically any food you want delivered to your doorstep!  







I stocked up on groceries last week because this weekend brought a massive winter storm!  I decided to use Kroger Click list and apparently everyone else in my city decided to, as well!  I think I had to wait in line 30 minutes to get my groceries.  It was well worth the wait and so worth not having to go inside to shop! Do you ever use Click list?  I do during busy periods of time only...back to school, end of year, etc...

This weekend I have made the following: turkey tacos, 2 types of turkey chili, cornbread, chocolate chip cookies, protein pancakes, and chicken fajitas. *I have to make two batches of chili because my husband eats like a toddler and won't eat onion, peppers, beans, celery, or basically anything else remotely healthy that is in chili).  His chili consists of meat and sauce/broth.  Not much of a "chili," huh?!





We began comparing numbers last week for Math.  I have two great resources to share with you that I use to help me teach the concept.  First up are some magnetic base-10 blocks.  I have had this set for about 5 years now and love them!  They are large enough for the kids to see them and the kids enjoy coming up to the board to manipulate them.  Click below to get a set.



The second resource is a small, stuffed alligator.  I always use mine when introducing <, >, =.  The gator is a great visual for kids and reminds them that the gator likes the big, juicy number!  Click below to get one.


I also used one of my <,>,= exit slips to see how kids were progressing with the skill.  I love being able to quickly print these off and use them for a quick check!  



I got out my winter "I Have, Who Has" game last week for us to play during Morning Meeting.  I have one of these games for just about every holiday/season and the kids really love playing!  I bundled these to save you some money, but you can also purchase the winter version individually.  *I do want to note that with the bundle, you will receive all future additions of the game for free!  Woo Hoo!  


I received my second "Kindergarten Crate" box yesterday!!  My box is technically a First Grade box, but the company's name is "Kindergarten Crate."  If you saw my Sunday 6 post last week, you saw my previous box.  

Not familiar with Kindergarten Crate?  It is a monthly subscription box created for teachers!  With your subscription, you'll receive a themed box each month.  Inside the box you will get: a grade-specific read aloud book, a student activity, classroom supplies, and a teacher gift (woo hoo!).  KC can be purchased one time, in a 6 month subscription, or in a 12 month subscription.  The gals at KC recently added a pre-kinder box and a 1st grade box.  When I saw they had a 1st grade box, I knew I had to have a subscription!!  Our days are full of box curriculum and the Kindergarten Crate will provide more fun for us.  I plan on opening future boxes with my kids to build excitement!

The Kindergarten Crate is shipped on the third week of each month.  The box you get is intended to be used the following month.  For example, I received my February box yesterday.  The book looks amazing and I am loving the tee that came in the box.  *You'll have to follow my social media account (@mrswheeler44) to see a full picture of the tee!  

Disclosure: I received my subscription in exchange for marketing.  However, all opinions about the Kindergarten crate are my own.   




Have a wonderful day and stay safe if you are snowed in!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!