Friday, January 6, 2017

Five for Friday 1.6.17


Hi!  Welcome to the first Five for Friday of 2017!!!!!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this!  I was super-productive during break, and this post is about all of that!  Currently, I am having rotator cuff surgery on my dominant shoulder....BOO!  I have been so anxious about this surgery...hoping I am recovering as we speak and that everything went smoothly!  *I scheduled my post because I knew I wouldn't be able to type!


Over winter break, I cooked a LOT!  Some of the things I made were: enchiladas, lasagna, turkey meatloaf, and chicken/bean/cheese burritos.  The leftovers from many of these items were frozen so that my husband doesn't have to cook for us every night while I am laid up.







In addition to cooking a LOT, I also worked a LOT!  I made 4 new products!  I made both a 2D and 3D shape sort for Geometry.  These are great for Math stations/Guided Math/Small Group/RTI.



I also completed and uploaded my Math Games on the Fly: Geometry edition pack.  If you own the growing Math Games bundle, you'll want to head over to TpT and snag the update for free!


I finished up my Winter Pocket Chart Match!  I love these for centers or guided reading.  They are differentiated for three different ability levels!  If you don't have the Fall edition, you can grab it HERE.  *Spring will be coming in the next couple months!


I had many people request that I list my Guided Reading Awards, so I listed them separately from the Guided Reading Resources pack.  Grab them HERE.



I did some major closet/dresser purging!  I got rid of 5 HUGE bags of clothes, accessories, and shoes! We have a great place called Clothes Mentor near us that I take my old things to...if they are in good shape, which most of them are because I am so particular about my clothes!  If Clothes Mentor doesn't take the stuff, I take it to Goodwill or send to ThreadUp.  Feels so good to have more room!



I got a TON of stuff done on my to-do list!  I love crossing things off!  I keep a small spiral notebook with me at all times.  I write EVERYTHING that I need to do/buy in it.  It keeps me super organized. I've been doing this for 13 years now.  My student teaching mentor taught me this!


One thing on my to-do list was to write out my Christmas thank-you notes.  Do people still write thank you notes?  I don't usually get them, but I always send them.  My mom taught me this at a very young age.  We ALWAYS wrote thank you notes for everything we were given...birthday, holidays, and just because.  That has stuck with me throughout life.  Manners are important!  Thanks, mom!



Finally, I'll leave you with a photo of our little family!  I love them all so very much!  We had a great few days together celebrating Christmas!

xo
Megan

3 comments:

The Tahoe Teacher said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow you have been busy! I hope you had a wonderful break!

Betik said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! You have been very busy. We all need to take your lead. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.
Beti
Once a Teacher,Always a Teacher

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I also do thank you notes. Sent one to all of my students for their seeet gifts.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!