Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Get By...With Help From Mom!

Hi, everyone!  I'm smack dab in the middle of setting up my classroom!  My mom was here last Thursday and Friday to help me set up.  It's been our annual tradition for 13 years now!  I look forward to it each year.  It's such a great tradition and I am so thankful my mom!  She taught 4th grade for 30 years, so she is excellent in helping me set up!  For this year's set up, we re-did all boards, the classroom library, and all classroom labels.  It was a big job!


Lookin' like a hot mess here!
A picture after we finished!  We were exhausted!!!
I decided to re-do my library labels.  For the past 5 or so years, I've used my "First Grade Classroom Library Labels: Red" set.  I loved them but I switched up my classroom colors a bit this year, so I needed something new.


I bought some new, light blue containers and decided to downsize my library a bit.  I had to rip the old labels off anyways, so I made some new labels.  Introducing my "First Grade Classroom Library Labels: Basic" set!  These are clear, simple, and easy-to-read.  There are over 100 different labels for all our favorite characters and themes.  Coordinating sticker labels go inside your books so your students will always remember where to put their books.




As my mom helped me work around my room on Thursday, I focused on re-working my library.  I love how it turned out and I can't wait to share finished, room-reveal photographs with you this week! For now, here's a sneak peak!


xo
Megan 

1 comments:

Pauline Pretz said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the idea of putting your labels in a binder! I use binders for everything and never thought of this. LOL They are crammed in file folder. Switching right away. Thanks
Pauline @ First Grade by the Sea

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!