Friday, January 29, 2016

Five for Friday 1.29.16



A former student of mine, Bryson, was recently diagnosed with brain cancer.  He is only 8 years old. Bryson is a vibrant little guy who loves sports.  He had one surgery this past week and will have a very long road ahead.  I am holding a fundraiser for him and his family. 10% of my Stella and Dot sales this week will go to them.  You can shop by clicking HERE.  50% of our line is $50 or less.  We have great stud earrings if you are looking for something small or a gift. Thank you for considering.



Groundhog Day is Tuesday!  I always like to do a few things with my kids!  Below are a few photos from years past.  You can see a full post about what else I do by clicking HERE.  You can also get my Groundhog Day pack on sale through Sunday by clicking the cover below.  It's a great pack with printables, mini-books, and literacy, and Math centers.






We've been busy during Guided Reading lately!  Here is one group reviewing sight words with a Go Fish game!  See LOTS more Guided Reading ideas by clicking HERE.




We spent some time this week learning about penguins.  I used Lyndsey's Penguin non-fiction pack. We do not have a Reading series {or any literacy curriculum for that matter}.  While I love picture books and read alouds, I like using Lyndsey's books with my kids so they have something to hold on to vs. just hearing a picture book read aloud to them.




We finished up the week with ay/ai,a_e.  The kids are really grasping vowel teams!  I love having lots of games and printables at my fingertips!  Both packs below contain all kinds of goodness for teaching word chunks!  Check them out!







Enjoy your weekend!  I'm off to see my cute niece!

xo
Megan











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!