Friday, August 28, 2015

for Friday 8.28.15

Hi, friends!  Another week down!  I hope you had a great week!  We just completed our 12th day of school!  We've had beautiful weather in Ohio this week...I have been loving it!  Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another 5 for Friday.  My week wasn't too eventful, so it's a "4 for Friday" today!!!




I have been cooking up a storm!  I cook on Sunday and then I have my meals for the week {breakfast and lunches} ready.  I've been trying realllly hard to leave school at a reasonable hour and I've actually had time to cook dinner for my husband and I.  This week, I made this delicious lasagna!



I have had some help completing my kids' back to school assessments.  I love having everything at my fingertips.  Each year, I use my "Back to School Assessment" pack.  It has lots of great assessments that help show where your kids are at the start of the year.  Check it out below.





We've been doing a lot of art projects, and always do at the start of the year.  Many are from my "Back to School Printables" pack.  We made these Elmer Elephants and I cut them out and mounted them for my kids.  They make a colorful display in our classroom.  I have been making Elmer for 12 years but always used manilla graph paper.  This year, I found a printable from Teacher by the Beach that I used.



Just one more week until a day off for Labor Day!  Woo Hoo!  I always like to do a little something prior to the students having a Monday holiday off...this ensures that the know why they are off school.  I'll be using my "Labor Day" mini-pack again this year.  It has some fun little activities, Writing prompts, and a mini-book included.  We will be completing these activities on Friday.  To check it out, click below.  The kids morning work will be a Labor Day coloring page, which you can snag for free below, as well.



xo
Megan 

5 comments:

ES said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yummy- that dish looks great! I also love your Elmers.

My Bright Blue House

Lori Faas said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yum....lasagna.....
Lori @
Bee the Change
Mrs. Faas’ First Grade

Kidpeople Classroom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm coming to your house! That lasagna looks delish. Love the Elmers. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

ithappenedin3rd said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That lasagna looks amazing! I'm trying to cook things on Sunday for the upcoming week as well. It's challenging because I am picky about leftovers!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha! I only had four things last Friday too, but in my case it was because I kept falling asleep! I finally gave up on trying to think of a 5th thing. I am teaching first grade for the first time this year, and I was thinking of doing something with them about why we have Labor Day off. I am heading to TpT right now to check out your pack! :)
Crystal
www.crystalclearteaching.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!