Saturday, April 18, 2015

Friendship Notes-A Bright Idea

Hi, everyone, and welcome back for another "Bright Ideas Linky Party!"  I hope you had a great week and have some fun things planned this weekend.  I'll be visiting with a friend from high school as well as having my parents come into town!   I'll also be working on the next unit in my  "Growing Guided Reading Bundle!"  So excited!

We are a PBIS school.  One way that we encourage our students to treat each other with kindness is by having them write kindness notes to their friends.  We have personalized paper that we use, but you can use scrap paper or a template that you make.

The kindness notes are small notes that students write to one another to make themselves and the receiver feel good.  They are notes that build each other up.  We write kindness notes regularly the first semester. I distribute sticks with student names on them and pieces of paper.  The students keep their kindness notes in popcorn buckets that I have below my white board.   Every two weeks or so, we check our buckets and take our notes home.  As the year progresses, students begin to write the notes when they finish their work or have extra time.  I have a kindness note station set up in my room that includes markers, pencils, kindness note papers, and name sticks.  The students grab a stick and write a note to a friend.  Lately I've been encouraging students to look at the popcorn buckets to see who may need a note.  Kindness notes are a great way to build community in your classroom. Click HERE to get your FREE notes!!!




If you enjoyed this post, you may want to consider following me via the social media below:




For more "bright ideas" from over 100 other bloggers, click below!





2 comments:

Jayne Gammons said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea. Thanks for sharing! Jayne
Smart Kids

Sally said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great idea! My kids have been nasty to each other lately! I will have to try this! Sally from Elementary Matters

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!