Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tenzi: A Bright Idea

Hi, friends!  It's time for another Bright Ideas Blog Hop!  I always look forward to these events, and I hope you do, too!  There are so many great ideas!


Today's post is all about a fun game that I discovered last year.  It's a dice game called Tenzi.  It is seriously the most fun thing ever.  I stumbled across it at a toy store around Christmas time and it was half off.  It had one of those "Best Toy Award" stickers on it so I figured I'd give it a shot.  Holy Moly!  I did not realize what a hit it would be!  I introduced it during inside recess one day and the rest was history!  It became a staple in my weekly Math tubs,  during inside recess, and for early-finishers.  I ended up getting lots more sets because it is just that good of a game.  So how do you play?  Each player gets a set of 10 colored dice.  You say "Ready, Set, Go" or whatever you want to initiate the game.  Everyone rolls all 10 dice and looks for a number that they have the most of.  They then keep the ones they want to keep and re-roll to get more of the number they are going for.  The first person to get all 10 the same yells "TENZI!"  It's seriously so fun.  I play all the time with my kids!  To check out the game, click BELOW!

                                                               




If you liked this post, please consider following me via social media below.  I always run giveaways on my Facebook page!  Don't miss out!  It's important to follow the steps below to receive notice of the giveaways.





For more bright ideas, check out the other great bloggers below!


4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I just discovered Tenzi this Christmas too! My children love it. I love that students of varying abilities can play together and no one has an advantage.

Kim
Quinnessential Lessons

Matt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this game. We play it at home with my girls quite a lot. Now, I've got to buy an extra set and take it to school.

Thanks for sharing!
Matt

Michelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks like a fun game!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I absolutely love this game. My first graders have so much fun with it and don't even realize they are learning their dot patterns and number recognition skills. It makes a wonderful rainy day recess game too!

Alicia Peterson
www.thefirstgradeplayground.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!