Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hump Day Highlight

Hey friends!  It's time for another "Hump Day Highlight" with my buddy Jess over at Mrs. Stanford's Class!  It's hard to believe that February is in a few days!  I decided I'd do my highlight on one of my favorite February products today, just in case you are thinking ahead to Valentine's Day!


I love doing centers in my room.  The kids do such a nice job during this time.  I believe this is so partly because of all the training and practice we did at the start of the year and partly because of the age-appropriate activities I place in my centers.  Each week, I have a sight word center, a listening center, and a computer center.  In addition to those three, I have 3 other centers that spiral skills we've already hit in class.  I like to put things that kids are familiar with so they actually know about vs. throwing something random in all willy-nilly!

During centers, I am working with 1 reading group.  Note: the first quarter or two, I do not work with any groups during centers; I float to monitor behavior and make sure students are understanding what to do.  Ok, enough about centers.  You can read more about my literacy centers HERE and my math centers HERE.

So onto today's highlight: "Be Mine Valentine" center pack.  I made this a couple years ago, but updated it last year.  112 pages of centers to keep your kiddos learning all February long!  There are 7 literacy centers and 10 math centers included.  Each center includes an optional recording sheet. These can be photocopied as class sets or if you are limited on copies, photocopy a few and place them in clear sheet protectors to be used with EXPO markers.  Below are a few of the included centers:

sentence scrambles

sight word game 
number patterns
subtraction 
number bonds 
To check out these centers in more detail, just click the cover below!  This pack is $3.00 off today, Wednesday, January 28th only!  To see all of my centers in a year-long bundle {and discounted!} click that cover below.




xo
Megan





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!