Monday, July 8, 2013

Makin' Memories...All Year Long!

Hey everyone! How was everyone's weekend?  Mine was busy but very fun!  On Saturday, we went shopping and on Sunday we hit up a Red's game last minute!  Below are some pics from the game.  Luckily, the rain stopped for 3 hours so we could enjoy some baseball!  All this rain has been making me stir-crazy!  I am dying for a pool day!  I need out of the house! Is it raining a ton where you live?  Doesn't Mother Nature know that we have limited days/weeks of summer left?!


Anyways, today's post is all about something new and exciting!  I am super-pumped about my latest project!  But first......let me rewind and preface this post by telling you why I wanted to make it: The end of the year ALWAYS creeps up.  I mean out of nowhere!  It's seriously out of control.  You know the drill...final assessments, report cards, volunteer gifts, room tear-down, etc, etc, etc!! The last thing I have time to think about is making a big sentimental gift to send home with the kids!  {I typically do make a little something to give them...read about what I did this year here}.  I always want to do something so special like make a DVD or something, but there's this thing called time, and at the end of the year, I can't seem to find it.

Thus.........the creation of my "Makin' Memories" scrapbook!  This ditty is going to be amazing!  Here's how it works:  All year long, once a month, your students create a page for their scrapbook.  At the end of the year, you can laminate the cover page, bind/staple/3-ring/yarn it, and send it home!  Voila!  An instant gift. A year's worth of memories for your students and their parents!  No scrambling.  No crazy amount of time necessary!  You will have been slowly chipping away at it with your kids all.year.long.

About the memory books:  I've included cover pages for both boys and girls and grades K-2.  Each month {August-July included!} has anywhere from 1-4 options for the scrapbook page.  The monthly scrapbook pages coincide with the holidays/seasons that are in those months.  Some pages are crafts {patterns included}, some are writing prompts, some require you to take a photo of your students holding a prop {props included}, and some are just good 'ole coloring/decorating.  There's even a "general" page for each month {non-holiday!!} for those that do not celebrate holidays.  The scrapbooks lend themselves perfectly to differentiation.  You can pick and choose which pages fit each students' needs!  This would also be ideal for home school.

I hope you'll take a moment to check this little gem out!  Below are a few example pages from the pack!  I was having a good 'ole time crafting!  I know you're going to love it!  In honor of this new pack, it's on sale {20% off} today, Monday, July 8th!  I think it MIGHT be clear enough for a pool day today!!!!!!!! I am ecstatic!!  See you later!










Girl Cover

xo
Megan

4 comments:

Kimberly said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the idea of a craft and a writing prompt for each month! Sometimes I feel like my poor kids don't get to do enough craft activities because of the pressure of all the "things" on the list. Kids really need to be able to do crafts.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love it!! Adorable!

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Really cute! Hope you are having a great summer! I've been on the road for weeks now- can't wait to start blogging again.

Cindy
Granny Goes to School

Jen R said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is really great!!and We may have to make a trip up for baseball season :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!