Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

Last week we spent some time doing Mother's Day activities! We read lots of books and reviewed adjectives with Lori's Mother's Day adjective freebie!  First we sketched, then traced, and finally painted.  At first, I wasn't so sure about the paintings...I was afraid to send them home.  But they ended up turning out real cute!


On Friday our countdown chain surprise was "a special guest will come to our classroom" aka "chew gum in class but Mrs. Wheeler forgot to buy it so she made something up on the fly."  Guess who it was!?   My kids guesses were as follows {and this is after seeing the mystery guest}: A juggler {huh?!}, an artist {???}, a football player {ok I can maybe see this one...}, and a clown {what the......??}.  None of the above!  It was Mr. Wheeler.  Mr. Wheeler is a financial advisor and is very busy so he doesn't get to come to school much.  This year was no exception.  This past Friday was the FIRST time Mr. Wheeler has been in to see my class this year!! Ahh!!!  He didn't know what I was about to have him do!  Make sugar scrub {thanks, Reagan!} with 23 firsties!  He did such a great job!  He was so organized and well-spoken with the directions!  I am so lucky to be married to a wonderful man and my best friend.  The kids just loved him and couldn't believe how tall he was!  *He is 6'7".  The kids were so excited to take their scrub home for their moms and grandmas!  I even got an email from a lucky mom who thanked me for doing this project with the kids.  

Containers from Dollar Tree

And last I leave you with a picture of my wonderful mom and I on Mother's Day!  She's the best!  I was sick so don't judge this picture! 


Oh, and one more thing...I'm not a mother but I am a mother to 22 wonderful first graders and I work day and night on school things!! I decided I deserved some presents, too so I treated myself to a few goodies from Ulta {I heart that place!}!


Click the pic to check out my countdown chain!  9 days, people!  9 days! 




2 comments:

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Megan-9 days! WOW!!! Ulta-have never been there but I heard it's paradise! Smiles and stop by anytime!

Elyse D'Andrea-Happily Teaching said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha! Your switch up of rewards because you forgot to buy gum sounds like something that would happen in Miss D'Andrea's class! Hey, my kids are just learning to roll with the punches, am I right?! Haha!

Elyse
Happily Teaching

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!