Saturday, May 18, 2013

Monthly Reading Logs

Good morning from a very sick girl!  Let me sum up my week: Last Saturday we went to my hometown to help the family florist business as well as celebrate Mother's Day.  I felt bad but wanted to go help out.  As the week progressed, I felt worse...but being the crazy maniac that I am, I continued to do my normal weekly routines...gym, cook, tpt/blog, schoolwork, etc...by Thursday I was a hot mess.  Had a personal day but didn't get to enjoy it b/c I was sick.  Finally I decided to take my temp and I was at 101!  I went straight to bed Thursday and haven't really been out of bed since then other than going to the doctor yesterday.  I feel a bit better today but have no voice {probably from all the hacking I've been doing}.  I am READY FOR SUMMER!  I need out of my sick classroom.  Anyhow, since I was up at 5:40 coughing this morning, I decided to update my Monthly Reading Logs.

These reading logs are a fabulous way to encourage at-home reading throughout the year.  I copy the year's worth in May {I actually just finished copying mine this week!} and store them for the following school year.  Each month I send home the new log.  I use the 10-lined logs with my first graders {this pack includes 10-lined and 20-lined logs}.  Every time they complete the log, I give them a reward {food coupon, treasure chest, tickets for our school store, etc...}.  At the end of the year, I give those students that have completed all logs a pizza party and a special reading certificate.  Click the cover to take a look! Oh...and these are included in my student data binder and take home binder pack, so you may want to check that out first.


You choose which version is most appropriate for your students: 10-lined

or 20-lined

Celebrate reading with this award!


xo
Megan 

3 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope you feel better soon! Be sure to rest up this weekend!

Karen
anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you get better real soon! I plan on doing more with reading logs next year so thanks for posting!

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Mrs. Griffith said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Our school librarian does a reading log for the whole school. I incorporate it into my classroom by rewarding number of minutes that they read. Love this idea too! I've been following you on Instagram and finally made it over to follow your blog! Stop by mine tomorrow for a giveaway!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!