Thursday, April 25, 2013

Summer Lovin & a Freebie!

I am sooo ready for summer! I, along with all of you I am sure, have worked harder this year than ever. Between having a larger class size and keeping up with blogging and creating, I am wiped OUT!  I wanted to take some time to show you a few items for summer that you may like!

First up: My "Summer Shenanigans" center pack.  It's full of fun, summer-themed, review centers for the end of the year.  My kids especially enjoy playing the Contractions Go Fish game.



Here's a few shots of the centers in action:

Sight words

Contractions Go Fish

Next up is my "Summer to Second Grade" pack.  This is a fantastic resource that will keep your firsties learning all summer!  Preventing the dreaded "summer slide" is a must in my book!  This set includes mini-skill books for Math and Literacy,summer Reading logs, a Writing journal, book and website suggestions, summer fun calendar, tons of generic graphic organizers for any book, and lots more!  Check it out below.



Next up is my "Summer Countdown Chain."  This is fun to do those last few weeks of school.  Just print the rings, link them together, and hang up.  Each day, break a ring and do the activity it says!  The kids love the anticipation of this!





Last is a  "End of the Year Memory Book."  This is very simple, so that students can work independently or with partners, allowing you to do assessments or work in your room!  A fun idea is to make this into a coloring contest...that always keeps kids engaged longer!




xo
Megan




4 comments:

Kimberly Ann said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ADORABLE! :)

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very nice packet of ideas!!!!
~Jane
rsmiramo@smsd.org

Fluttering Through First Grade said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"Happened So Fast" (sorry couldn't resist-all time favorite movie:)
Looks fantastic-great way to wrap up the year!

~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Miss Squirrels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That clipart is adorable! I love Stretchy flip flaps!
Squirrels
Going Nutty!
misssquirrels@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!