Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Plans and a Freebie!!

Fiesta! It's almost May! That means Cinco de Mayo!  I always like to do a little something to teach my first graders about this holiday, but I have never found many things that I like to use...so, I created my own 'lil pack of literature goodies!  It's small, but is perfect because I don't spend a ton of time teaching about it...usually just one or two days.  Click the cover to take a peek!




Below are a few books that I like to use!




We'll be doing a few sentence edits from my May pack {the Cinco de Mayo ones, of course!}


My friend Mrs. Cupcake has a cute little sombrero craft!  My friend Alisha has a cute little sombrero kids craft!

For Math, we'll be doing activities in my little Math freebie set! Click the picture below to grab yours!  We will also do 'Lil Country Kindergarten's number grid mystery picture!


Do you celebrate/teach about this in your classroom?  What do you do? Be sure to check back next week to see pictures from our classroom fun!





Freebie Fridays

xo
Megan 

4 comments:

Mrs. Leeby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I totally forgot about this holiday. Oops. . .
Thanks for the reminder. Ha!

:)
Irene
Learning With Mrs. Leeby

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I teach at a school with about 80% hispanic and this will help me a lot! :)

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Cindy Calenti said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What great fun. We ALL celebrate Cinco de Mayo here in Tucson!

Cindy
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Just-Reed

The Teacher's Desk 6 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How fun! Your items are sooooo cute!

Angela
The Teacher's Desk 6

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!