Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Organizing Classroom Games

Hello! Tonight's post is an organization post that I want to share.  It's in regards to games and the itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny cards that accompany them!  I have been using the method that I am about to tell you about for many years and it is amazing!  I hope you find this post helpful!  


Tip: Photocopy your game cards on scrapbook paper.  Use different colors for each “set” of cards.  I use regular weight scrapbook paper  because I have a professional grade laminator that makes the plastic extra hard. 

Scrapbook paper not for you?  Simply use your regular card stock and number the back of the cards by sets.  Ex: A set of cards all  have the number 1 on the back, another set all have a 2 on the back, etc…

Now, fast-forward to May/June.  Johnny finds a straggler card under your rug, crinkled up in a dust bunny/wad of hair on the floor and you're like, "OMG. That game is put away."  But THEN you realize your beautifully organized cards!  Pull the bag of card sets out and BAM! You put it in the correct deck!  

The pictures below show how I make my cards, store/organize them, and distribute materials for games. The board game featured is from Kathy Law at First Grade a la Carte!  Love her games!





I love using cookie sheets in the classroom!  Below are two little sets that I use cookie sheets with! 




xo
Megan 

5 comments:

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

great ideas! I will be an organizing machine this summer...I've printed so much stuff this past year and need to buy bins to store everything in. I'd like to eventually buy milk cartons as well and organize activities by months.

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Scrapbook paper... genius! I am definitely going to start doing that. Thanks for sharing. Organization is not my strongest suit so I'm always looking for tips to improve.
Meghan
First Grade Hugs and High Fives

Nicki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great organization ideas. I'm finishing up my 10th year teaching but I always feel like organizing all my "stuff" is at the top of my list! (You'd think I'd have it down pat by now! LOL)
Love the magnets on the pom pom's!!

Nicki
Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

Becky said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the idea of using scrapbook paper! I have done the card numbering thing, but it is so time consuming.

Also, the cookie sheets look like a great way to keep things organized. Thanks for sharing your tips.

My friend Jessica and I are actually starting a Tricks of the Trade linky party tomorrow. We are inviting teacher's to share their tips and tricks. You seem to have some great ideas, so we would love to have you link up. The theme for tomorrow is Bulletin Board Creation.

Thanks again for sharing your ideas. I saved them and plan to use them.

Have a great day!

Becky
Compassionate Teacher

Christy {Crayons and Whimsy} said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So many good ideas... but I want to go hot glue some pom poms right now to use on cookie sheets. I never know how to organize games... by theme or skill??... I think I may have to try it by skill like you have done.

Christy
Crayons and Whimsy


Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!