Saturday, April 20, 2013

Earth Day Learning

We had a GREAT week learning about the environment and ways to help!!!!!

First up was a read-aloud...there are so many good ones out there!  We went over some vocab from Lyndsey's Earth Day pack.  Lastly, we did the mini-book from my Earth Day Mini-Pack.

We practiced our Earth Day poem all week.

We did writing and made Hadar's "Home Sweet Home" craft.  As we crafted, we listened to Ron Brown's "Everyday an Earth Day"  song from his "All Year" CD.  They loooved it!!!  His music is great!


We did some center activities from my Earth Day Mini-Pack and played an Earth Day Contraction Game from Kathy Law.  Let's not discuss the sick construction paper that I copied it on two years ago...pretend it's printed in color ink!

On Friday, we read The Earth and I by Frank Asch.  I love him ps!  We listened to "What a Wonderful World" off Dr. Jean's "Just for Fun" CD.  I love her, also ps!  Then, I split the class into groups and gave them a section of the song to paint.  They really liked this.  I love when they watercolor paint b/c the room is SILENT!




As we painted and I listened to the song, I couldn't help but think of the innocent families in Boston.  I am going to see about sending our pictures to a school there.  Perhaps the school where the little boy was from.

I am off to meet a college pal for some shopping and eating.  Enjoy your weekend.

xo
Megan 

5 comments:

Kimberly Ann said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like a ton of FUN activities! So many great Earth Day packs! Sounds like you will have a fun day today too :)

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What fun! We'll be starting our earth day activities next week :) such an important topic to teach

Sarah
Teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Mrs. Leeby said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm loving all of those pictures! What lucky kiddos! Have fun with your pal!

:)
Irene
Learning With Mrs. Leeby

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love letting kids watercolor. Something about it makes them calm down, get quiet, and the class is peaceful lol.

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Vickie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the paintings!!
Vickie

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!