Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Telling Time


This week, we began studying time.  We started by investigating several types of tools used for time:

-Calendar
-Timer
-Stopwatch
-Wristwatch
-Clock (digital and analog)


Next, we explored our own clocks at our seats and I did an informal pre-assessment by quickly walking around to each student and asking them to show me a time on the clock. I could see right away who had some prior knowledge about telling time, and who did not. 

We read several books along the way...Here's a few favorites:




Last, we made our own tools for time.  Students had their choice of what they wanted to make. They also had to write about one reason telling time is important. I passed out some clipart graphics for them to refer to during the art project. 

Wrist watch 

Grandfather Clock!


2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the clocks! Cute idea. The Grandfather clock made me laugh :)

Ashleigh said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The grandfather clock is such a great idea! I love your ideas!

http://ashleigh-educationjourney.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!