Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Back to School Assessments

The beginning of the year is such a whirlwind!  Setting up a classroom, meeting students and families, staff meetings, getting back into a "school routine...."  The list goes on and on.  I'm always on the lookout for ways to streamline processes in my school life.  Student assessment is one of them.

We use Acadience as our district approved assessment.  Students are tested three times a year, with progress monitoring sprinkled in throughout, for those who need it.  In addition, I like to do some quick assessments on my own, particularly at the start of the year, and then quarterly as needed.  

I keep everything I need/use organized in a large binder, separated by academic area...Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Trick Words (Hello, Fundations!), Math, etc...This makes finding what I need easy.  When I want to assess a child, I grab my binder, pull out the papers needed, and run copies.  

Some of the assessments I use are one-on-one, while others are whole-group.  Either way, they are quick and to the point.





I'll typically make copies of the assessments; one copy goes home and one copy goes in student files.  Parents like seeing the copies because they stay informed on how their children are progressing, and can work with them at home.

If you're interested in this fantastic, top-selling resource, grab it by clicking the cover below!  

*NOTE: The "Trick Words Assessment" shown in this post is not included in this pack.  It's a separate purchase, due to the fact that it's specific to the Fundations curriculum.   You can grab it HERE.  My assessment pack does include a sight word assessment, with the Fry's words.

*Check out all of my assessment resources HERE.

xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!