Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday 6


Welcome to another edition of Sunday 6.  This is where I share 6 random happenings from my week!  Enjoy!
I turned the big 4-0 this week!  It was a wonderful day full of surprises and fun from start to finish.  Mr. Wheeler surprised me with diamond earrings and cooked me breakfast.  Then once I arrived at school, my friends/teammates had a cinnamon roll and coffee for me.  I received lots of thoughtful gifts.  My students colored a "Happy Birthday" page in my honor (the page was created by a friend and was a surprise).  The staff members in my building all wore black in honor of me!  Hahaha!  Such a special birthday that I will always remember!




We celebrated New Years in class with some special activities.  The "2021" paper activity was quick, easy, and fun.  The kids LOVED making their "Wishing Wands."  All students were thrilled to see ring pops on their desk to "Ring in the New Year!"  To grab the crafts, click HERE and find them linked in my New Years post.






I bundled my best-selling Blending Cards today!  Several of you have asked for a bundle to save some $, so here you go!  The bundle includes all 5 packs of my blending flashcards.  I love these for all sorts of things...Guided Reading, early finisher activities, assessments, and to send home with parents/caregivers for extra practice.  Click the cover to snag the bundle!

Below, I was using them as a game called "Find the Sticker."  To play, place a few flashcards facing outward in a pocket chart.  Hide a sticker behind some of the cards.  Call kids to come up and tap out a word.  Once finished, they can check behind the word for a sticker.  Finding a sticker equals a special prize or piece of candy!  SO easy and FUN!


A new week means new literacy centers!  This week I introduced my CVC Sign Language center to my kids and they did fantastic with it!  They loved trying to "crack the code" and figure out the words.  Grab the resource by clicking the cover below.


I organized all of my "I Have, Who Has" game cards into this rainbow organizer from Michael's.  I purchased some labels from TPT and placed each set of game cards into a box.  I love having all of the games in one spot!

Here's a peak at my New Years version of "I Have, Who Has."



Do you follow me on Instagram?  I share most of my content over there and I'd love to have you!  My page is @mrswheeler44  Head over and say "Hi!"  




Have a great week!
xo
Megan 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!