Sunday, October 25, 2020

Halloween Ideas

Hi Friends!  Happy Sunday!  Hard to believe Halloween is this week.  Time is flying, per usual!  Below are some Halloween ideas from years past and a few from this year!  Enjoy!

This year we made these ghosts from Crafty Bee Creations.  I needed a craft on the fly and this was perfect.  Also, it's free!  



We always play BINGO around Halloween time.  This is a BINGO game I got from Amazon a few years back.  Sometimes, we play sight word BINGO.  You can grab my sight word BINGO games by clicking HERE.



We have done some great non-fiction activities with spiders from THIS FREEBIE.  The writing is my favorite!



In years past, my students and I have loved making "Witches Brew."  This is a freebie from What the Teacher Wants. 




Speaking of snacks, we read Spookley the Square Pumpkin  and made these Spookley snacks.  



For our party, orange punch and fun cups/straws are a must!


These snack pack graveyards are always fun!!  However, this year, Halloween Peeps are M.I.A.



Fall Taste Tests are always a big HIT!  I have apple and pumpkin themed taste tests.



I love a good paper plate craft!  These jack-o-lanterns make a great hallway display.  Each one is unique.



Doodlebugs Teaching has wonderful printables for Halloween (she has them for most holidays).  Copying them on colored paper makes them extra festive!


I use my Halloween Centers during center time in the week or two leading up to Halloween and the kids always have a blast!  



October Sentence Edits are great fun!  The kids love searching for things that are "wrong!"  I have sentence edits for every month.  Grab the bundle HERE and save $$$.


You can always expect to find a Halloween book in the listening center!  Grab the free recording sheets HERE.


First Grade Blue Skies has a free Frankenstein boy/girl art project that's fun to make!  I usually read Even Monsters Need Haircuts before we make these.





My all-time favorite Halloween themed activities are to read The Little Green Witch (currently out of stock but you can find a read aloud HERE) and complete the coordinating activities from my literacy pack.  Grab my pack HERE.  It's SO MUCH FUN!!!!











Halloween Parts of Speech Sort makes a great center, whole group, or partner activity.  Nouns, verbs, and adjectives included (and all have a Halloween theme!).  Grab the bundle for all holidays HERE and save $$$$.





Halloween I Have, Who Has
 is a fantastic way to build vocabulary in the classroom!  This fast-paced game requires minimal prep (just print and laminate cards) and will keep your kids engaged!!!  Grab the bundle for all holidays and save $$$$ HERE.  


I just love mini-books!  They are great for searching for sight words, practicing reading, and vocabulary.  Grab the Halloween book HERE.  Want more holidays?  Grab the bundle and save $$$ HERE.



Happy Haunting!
xo,
Megan 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!