Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday 6 June 2

 Hey, friends!  Coming at you as a FREE WOMAN tonight!  School's out for the summer!  No Sunday Night Blues over here!  Woo Hoo!  Here's a peek back at last week.
We had a fun weekend last week...spent some time together and then went fishing at a friend's pond.  Look at the Bass I caught! 


 In addition to fishing, we also took a bike ride.  Our first outdoor ride of the season!  21 miles.


 I have been hitting Ibotta hard the last month or so.  If you follow me on Instagram (@mrswheeler44), you've seen my hauls.  For those unaware about Ibotta, here's a quick explanation:  Ibotta is a free app that earns you rebates for shopping.  You can use it at grocery stores, big box stores, and many other retailers.  You can even use it online.  I use it solely for grocery/big box store rebates. 

Prior to shopping, you look through Ibotta and click the rebates you want.  *I typically only purchase items I know I will use, but occasionally I will try something new to see if I like it! 

Then you go to the store and purchase those items. 

Once home, you open the Ibotta app, take a photo of your receipt, and then scan each item you've purchased.  The rebates are almost always instantly added to your account. 

Once your account accrues $20 or more, you can request cash back via Paypal or Venmo, or you can redeem for gift cards.  I love getting Sephora and Starbucks gift cards!  Never paying for coffee is amazing!  Below is a photo of what I snagged last weekend. 

If you want to download the app and check it out for yourself, click HERE.  You will automatically get $10 added to your account once you redeem one rebate!  Such a great starting bonus! 

Monday night (Memorial Day) was interesting.  We had 15 confirmed tornadoes hit our area.  It was a very scary (and late) night.  Luckily, our home was not affected.  My school was ok, but the homes right across the street and behind it had some significant damage.  Another neighborhood where 90% of my students live was destroyed.  The whole city was on a boil advisory for 5 days.  Some areas are still on one.  Additionally, some areas do not have power restored yet.  Some fellow teachers and I took a cart of drinks and food/snacks around to the second neighborhood I mentioned.  It was so awful seeing the devastation, but we were happy to help out, even if it seemed minor.  Everyone was extremely appreciative.  I would share some photos, but for privacy reasons, I am choosing not to. 


With the tornadoes, we had one of our teacher work days taken away.  Our school lost power.  Luckily, I was able to finish my classroom.  It took me about 3 half-days to do it.  I threw away so much.  It was crazy!  We have gone to mostly box curriculum programs, so I just don't use a lot of what I had in my room.  I filled 3 of these large trash cans and gave away 2x the amount of things you see on that rolling cart below.  Yikes.



My teacher bestie and I (and our spouses) went out for dinner and drinks last night.  It was so much fun!  Don't ask me why we have the weird pose below!  Maybe it was the drinks....Cheers to summer break!


Have a wonderful week!
xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!