Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sunday 6 February 3

Hi and Happy February!  How is this possible?!  This can only mean one thing: the end is near!  Welcome to another "Sunday 6" with Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade.  The Sunday 6 is a weekly blog post where I share 6 random things from my week.  They could be teaching, home decor, fashion, food, etc. related!  You never know what you might see here!  Enjoy!




Last weekend, I made turkey chili.  I was getting prepared for the bitter cold temps that we had this past week.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!  Grab the recipe by clicking HERE.  


You may have seen my posts about Kindergarten (First Grade) Crate.  Here I am twinning in a KC t-shirt (that was sent in the February subscription box) with a teaching friend!  We love the Kindergarten (First Grade) Crate! 

This week I had some extra chicken that I needed to use up so I made fajitas!  I love making these.  They are probably my favorite meal.  I use fajita seasoning mix from Savory Spice.  You can order online HERE.  They have the best spices!!  I also like that I can order as little or as much as I want!  



Last Friday my kids made some snowmen.  This craft is from my favorite, Crafty Bee Creations!  Laura has the best trace/cut/glue projects!  They usually don't take too long and the patterns are nice and big for little hands to trace.


 I have been sick for the past two weeks and mostly ignored it until Monday, when I finally went to the doctor.  I have a sinus infection, which I knew, but like I said, I ignored.  Luckily we had some weather days last week so I was able to stay home and rest without missing work.


I finished up my Unit 11 Fundations Phonics game pack last weekend!  In addition, I have printed and laminated Unit 9.  We just began working on Unit 8 in class last week.  I like to put the materials out for a unit we've just completed.  It's a great spiral review for the kids.  Right now, my class is working on Unit 7 games/activities in Literacy Centers.  Below are a few photos of my Fundations games/activities.  If you use Level 1/First Grade Fundations at your school, these games and activities are highly recommended!  Lots of fun and well-organized and thoughtful activities!  Click the cover below to see more. 








xo
Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!