Sunday, September 24, 2017

Happy Fall!

September 22 can only mean one thing:  FALL!  It's hard to believe that it's Fall over here in Ohio.  Last week, we had 90 degree days almost every day.  We are wayy warmer now than we should be!  Hoping it will cool down soon so I can break out the boots and sweaters!

On the first day of Fall, I like to do a few things with my kids to celebrate!  First off, we watch Brain Pop Jr.'s "Fall" video clip.  If you don't have Brain Pop Jr., I highly recommend it!!  Such a great resource to have on hand.  The kids love them!  PS: They have many free videos on their site, and I *think* the "Fall" video is free!  Click HERE to check it out.


Next, we colored a Fall mini-book.  We also looked for sight words to color in.  We read the mini book a few times (choral read and echo read).



We made a T-chart of things that remind us of Summer and things that remind us of Fall.


We started an art project (a directed drawing of a scarecrow), but haven't finished yet so I don't have a photo for you.  The project we did is shown below and you can read more about it HERE.


We played "I Have, Who Has" together!  Always so much fun!  Grab this game by clicking the cover below!!



xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!