Friday, January 13, 2017

5 for Friday 1.13.17


Hello!  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another 5 for Friday!


Last Friday, I had rotator cuff repair surgery.  I have been home, heavily medicated for 7 days now. Most of my days are spent sleeping or watching shows that I forget I watched.  I mustered up the energy to type this blog post (hunt and peck style) last night simply because I was bored out of my mind.  My shoulder feels a little better each day.  It's really stiff and I can't lift it very high yet but baby steps, right?

Speaking of tv shows--my bestie told me that I need to watch Gossip Girl, so I started it.  I'm only two episodes in...it's too early to call my thoughts on it yet.  I never watched it when it was "hot" so this is all new.  Did you used to watch it?  I'm looking for suggestions for other shows that I can watch, so please leave them below!


I've mentioned before that I am a Stella and Dot stylist in addition to my teaching job, blogging, and selling on Teachers pay Teachers.  Our new line just launched (spring) and it's pretty gorgeous!  I earned a reward and got to pick some pieces out for myself.  My order just arrived and I am loving everything I got.  Now I just have to wait a few weeks before I can actually wear them...wearing them would require me to get dressed, which doesn't happen unless it's a physical therapy day.  If you would like to check out our line, you can shop HERE.





My bestie came to visit me the other day and she brought with her my favorite Starbucks drink:
Green Matcha Tea Latte with Soy milk.  Have you tried it?  It looks disguising (green) but trust me: it's amazing.  I'm sure it's loaded with sugar but everyone feels sorry for someone who is sick/recovering from surgery, right?  What's your favorite Starbucks drink?  I'd love to try some new things.




I left all my MLK Jr. things for my sub to do with my students next week.  I love this little pack....perfect for whole-group learning as well as literacy centers.  Snag it on sale through today, Friday, January 13 only!  Click the cover image below to take a peek.







I have been using Ebates for a little over 2 years now and it is so awesome!  If you aren't familiar, Ebates is a cashback website.  It acts as a shopping portal offering coupons and cash back for over 2,000 retailers.  I do all of my online shopping through Ebates.  Here's how it works: You can head to Ebates and sign up for free (and if you use my link, you will get $10 after you redeem your first rebate!)  You must always go to Ebates before shopping online first and "activating" the cash back from the store you're going to shop from.  *I use the app, which makes online shopping super easy.  *I also have an Ebates toolbar installed on my computer, so when I type in a retailer's website, their Ebates offer automatically pops up.  

Different stores offer different amounts of cash back.  During the holidays, many stores offer double and triple cash back.  You receive your cash back quarterly via check in the mail.  In 2016, I got over $200 in cash back JUST for shopping through Ebates' site!  Sign up HERE to get your $10.  IT IS LEGIT! 


Have a great day and I hope Friday the 13th wasn't too crazy for your kids at school!
xo
Megan

4 comments:

jbales said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Megan, good luck with your recovery. I can relate a little bit because I had to take 6 weeks off after having a hysterectomy. Here are some shows I've watched and enjoyed in the past. They are all on Netflix streaming. Friday Night Lights, One Tree Hill, Gray's Anatomy, Call the Midwife, Revenge and Reign. All great shows. Enjoy and get well soon!

SC Teacher 28 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love using Ebates too!

Joni
Palmetto State Primary

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Where can I find your Friebdship notes?

Kidpeople Classroom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

When I'm being "good" at Starbucks I get a skim latte and sprinkle liberally from their fixins' bar- powdered cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and a dash of sugar. Really tasty and not at all bad on the calories- and hey, the milk is good for you. Luckily Starbucks gift cards are a popular teacher gift and I'm stocked for a while! Rotator cuff repair- yikes! Hang in!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!