Thursday, September 8, 2016

Color Words!

During the first couple weeks of school, when I am mostly focusing on teaching procedures and routines, I also spend time reviewing some kindergarten skills, including color words.  One of my favorite books to use for this is Mouse Paint!  Over the years, I have found some fun activities to go with it!

                                                              

We read a poem called "Paint Puddle" each day.  It's usually our first poem of the week.  We make these fun mice!  Grab the free pattern for them HERE.  Kathy Law has some fun printables to go with it for free HERE.  She also has a board game for sale {that I somehow missed} HERE.



Also perfect for colors and color words is Pete the Cat!  Again, Kathy has some fun FREE printables to go along with the book that you can grab HERE!      

                                                                    


I recently created my own "Colors" pack.  It's full of 12 fun activities that can be used whole-group, in partnerships, or as literacy centers early in the year.   You can check it out below!


Here are two of my favorite activities from the pack:  a sentence scramble and magnetic letter spelling!



Preview of all activities included:

xo
Megan










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!