Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Simple Game Series: Grudge Ball

Hi, friends!  I just love using games in my classroom.  Recently, when I attended the French Lick Teacher/Blogger Meet-Up, I led a little round table session on how I use them.  I had requests to share the games on my blog, so I will be doing so!  Today's post is about a really fun game that I just learned of this year:  Grudge Ball.

Background--A few years ago, I set up an initiative at our building called "Museum Visits."  I was sad that we never got had time to go into one another's rooms and look around/ask questions.  Each month, two people sign up for the visits.  The two people sharing can share whatever they want...an instructional practice, a behavior/classroom mgmt. tip, an organization tip, etc...Earlier this year, our 3rd grade team shared a great game that they found here called Grudge Ball.  You can play as a review for any subject/concept.  Just have some questions prepped ahead of time!


Materials: Paper balls, trash can, dry erase boards, content questions

Game play:  Divide the class into groups.  *I play in table groups.  Write the team numbers/names on the board.  Next to them, draw 10 x's.  Everyone will need a dry erase board.  Give the whole class a question and provide think time and writing time.  Provide time for teams to share their answers. Call out a table number to answer the question.  *All teammates must have the correct answer on their boards.  If the team is correct, they all come up to shoot a basket.  Each teammate gets a shot.  For every basket that is made, an "x" can be erased from an opposing team.  Game continues like this. The team with the most x's remaining at the end wins!!



  




To get a printable directions sheet for Grudge Ball, click HERE.

To see a video of me presenting Grudge Ball and other games, click below!

Keep your eyes peeled for posts about the other games mentioned in the video!

xo
Megan 

3 comments:

Emily D said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily D said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I play a slightly different version but I really like yours! Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to seeing your directions for the other games you mentioned in the video!

Kara Wilkins said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello! I'm the original creator of Grudgeball. I would appreciate it if you linked your post to my blog. Thank you! http://toengagethemall.blogspot.com/2013/02/grudgeball-review-game-where-kids-attack.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!