Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekly Guided Reading Update


Hi, everyone!  Happy Monday!  It's time for another "Weekly Guided Reading Update."  This is a weekly post where I share what I've done in guided reading during the past week.  If you missed the first two posts in my series, you can see them by clicking HERE.

Level E {now F-woo hoo!} Group
We tried some F books last week and everyone did well!  Although I didn't formally assess everyone with a running record, I like to try the kids on higher when they appear to be ready.  I'll be testing again in 2 weeks so it's close enough.  In group {aside from reading our books}, we reviewed vowel teams again.  These kids need a lot of repetition, particularly with the long i and long e teams.

Color by Code can be found HERE.
Long Vowel Board Game can be found HERE.
Vowel Team Cards can be found HERE.  


Levels J/K
We've been working through some beginner chapter books.  Last week we focused on reading a chapter per day and summarizing each one in our Reading Response Journals.  These journals are great for responding to text!




And as always, purchase the bundle and get all 9 units at a discounted rate!


PS!  This is happening TODAY ONLY!  Great time to get my guided reading bundle!



xo
Megan 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!